History of the Lou Cante Perdrix

They also practised music. The residence was built in 1830 in a Napoleonic architectural way. In the village called La Vernarède, there were nearly 5,000 inhabitants and 1,200 of them were colliers. Moreover, ,many people came from various countries such as Poland, Italy, Spain, and so on. The coal mines of the Vernarède closed after 1954, a year wich signals the exodus of its inhabitants. This village is located in ,the biosphere area of the Parc des Cévennes, which one was created in 1970.